Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Piano Festival

Over a month ago Chloe had her first piano festival.  I didn’t post about it because I didn’t have any pictures or video and nothing clever to say.  But I filmed her today!  So now it doesn’t matter what I write.  But I guess I should explain.  A festival is where you perform in front of judges.  In a room.  By yourself (that is the reason for no pictures).  They judge you, write down some comments and send them to your piano teacher.  Chloe practiced really hard and received a ‘superior’ rating (that’s the highest).  I’m very proud of her. 

Here she is playing ‘Cookies’ and ‘Alpine Melody’.  She’s a bit rusty since it was a long time ago.

And here is a song she is composing.  It doesn’t have a name but it has some lyrics.  “I love you.  I love two.  I love three.”

8 comments:

Em-Cat said...

Wow! She's composing already at her age?!?!? That's awesome. I'm impressed with her form. My teachers were always telling me to curve my fingers and I still don't curve them very well...She looks and sounds great!

Kristin said...

Brett composes all the time, he writes songs like titanic and 4 wheeling and stuff like that! That is awesome she recieved a superior! Brett decided not to participate in festival this year it would have been his 5th year, it is a great experience and last year he got a trophy! I hope she loves piano as much as brett still does after playing for almost 5 and a half years!

LoGunns said...

So cool! I noticed the curved fingers too:)

Amy B said...

You are going to have to invest in that baby grand now!

kate said...

I love that look she gives you...."duh mom, the words are I love you, I love two, I love three." I miss Chloe.

rowena said...

wow chloe...so impressive... her hair is getting so long.
i remember when torah was little she used to compose her own music too. does that mean chloe will be a halfpipe super champ too? probably.. look for the signs. miss you all.

Heath said...

Are you kidding me? I'm in love. What a little cutie. She is really good! Did you play growing up too? I didn't and have major regrets...(my mom is a piano teacher!) so I'm making my kids learn. That is just awesome. Good job Chloe.

heat said...

I'd like to see more of you and your kids. I'm so glad you blog. I like your style.
I forget...do you play the piano too?