Tuesday, April 07, 2009

First Haircut

I finally cut Fred’s hair.  The back was getting too long.  I liked to think of it as the euro mullet since that seems to be hipper than the rat tail.  In my defense, his hair curled and didn’t look so long.  I actually liked it long and would not have cut so much off but I wanted to keep a ponytail’s worth for… a keepsake?  I guess.  Chloe was fully against me cutting it and was certain it would look dumb short.  I don’t trust myself so I just snipped the ponytail and then let my mom finish the rest.  

haircut

haircut2

He’s my big boy now.

5 comments:

Amy B said...

nice job katie- I am so proud of you!

Shana said...

Holy cow, long hair! Seths hair was curly when it got long too, you never really know how long it is until you put it in ponytail. Good job on cutting it.

Winnie said...

What a big boy!
Euro mullets are overrated anyway...

Mom said...

Katie had to tell me exactly how she wanted Fred's hair cut because I love short hair and would have used the clippers. AlthoughI love people without short hair more than I love short hair.

Staci Leach said...

I guess it's better when It's long in the back, rather than long on top. I won't name names, but I had a nephew that looked as though he had a comb-over on top since someone wouldn't cut it yet!