Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Idahome

I really want to thank everyone who helped pack up and clean our house.
THANK YOU!
We were so stressed but people just kept coming (thanks to Julie for doing the recruiting). I feel like I bonded with everyone who came. I should have had you all come clean my house long ago. We'll miss our neighbors but hope to keep in touch.
Also, the Logunns came Saturday night, worked late, slept on our floor, went to church with us and then pulled our ox out of the mire. Any day is a good day for service. They are saints.
Well, I didn't get a front porch but I did get a back porch and the neighborhood we wanted. This is the house that I wasn't able to see. Dan really liked it and promised me that we would make whatever changes I want. The home is vacant and we can move in as soon as the appraisal and loan are finalized. Until then I'll be hanging out in sunny Santa Clara.


Edit:
I can't believe I didn't mention the Stanleys. They stopped on their way to St. G. to empty out our attic. This involved dumping out a gazillion bottles of water which were recycled and replaced by 50 gallon containers on sale at Walmart. Git em while they last.

5 comments:

LoGunns said...

It looks like a good home. Just wish it was somewhere closer to us.

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful!
Keep us posted on when you guys make it up there so when can come up and help you with whatever you need. I can help unpack or keep the kids out of your way.

Leslie said...

Looks beautiful. So did the guy accept your lower offer? I can't wait to see photos of the inside. Keep in touch and stop by the "old hood" anytime. Good luck with everything!

Carrie said...

It looks nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the inside. It still doesn't seem right that you guys are gone. But, I'm excited for you all. We'll have to stop by and say hi when we pass through is July.

T Fowler said...

It is a beautiful house and I'm glad you like the neighborhood. Good luck settling in and enjoy your summer making your house a home! I know, corny, but I do hope it feels like home to you soon.